Cycle Tokyo

My Mini Cycling Experience in Tokyo - Mostly Inside of Circle Yamanote

Monday, June 29, 2009

My Bike is not Mini

My bike is actually not small or mini. It has 26-inch wheels, basket and heavy duty frame with a battery. However, my bike ride around Tokyo is mini or short distance. I used to ride a century ride (100 miles) so riding round Yamanote Circle is really "mini ride". The red gate here is called Akamon and the entrance way to University of Tokyo. These school girls were taking pictures of each other, and I took a picture them with my bike.



My usually ride is to Ueno Park. You wouldn't believe that there are so many trees, animals, birds, and people in this park. They got Ueno Zoo, outdoor concert place, and several museums in the Park. I like this pond because it's got beautiful Water Lilly, but now is not a season for the flower.



I found this little shrine in Ueno Park. This shrine has the matchmaking god. I should probably pray for the god, but it's getting dark and I am heading home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home